Thursday, November 1, 2007

6 Things

I've been tagged by Aunt Debbie to come up with six things about myself and since I'm usually a party-pooper when it comes to this kind of stuff, I decided to stop being lazy, sit down, and do it. Who knows, I might actually enjoy it and someone may learn something about me. So, here it goes.


- My favorite time of year is tied between Fall and Winter. I enjoy the cool-down with the crisp cool air and the colors of fall. I like the snow and solitude of winter. I like how it muffles the sounds of everything around. I like to heat the house with wood heat, and of course I love to ski.

- My favorite time of day is the early morning. I like to watch the sun come up. I like the quietness of the morning. No cars and no crazy kids running around the house like crazy animals.

- My favorite kind of music is bluegrass. I love to listen to a good string band, especially if its live. I really enjoy listening to the banjo and mandolin. I like good ol' rock and roll and always have, but bluegrass is my favorite.

- My passion in life is to fish. I love to fish! I like river fishing, trolling, ice fishing, ocean fishing, any kind of fishing really. If I could fish every day, I would. River fishing is my probably my favorite though.

- I always have to be doing something. I have to be out of the house by at least 10 in the morning or I get major cabin fever and I can get a little ornery. I like to be physical. I like to build things and tinker on things to keep me busy.

- I am pretty much a home body. I don't really like going to town. If I have enough stuff to do at home then I am totally content staying there. I don't really even like to eat out, but we do so Mama can have a break. If I do have to go to town I am usually out the door and to my destination when it opens. There arn't as many people and it leaves me the rest of the day to do what I want.


I tag Richard. That's all, just Richard. I know if you don't see this (Richard), Lena will, and she'll tell you to do it. So, I look forward to seeing your six very interesting facts about yourself. Thanks Aunt Debbie.

7 comments:

Deb said...

Thanks, Jake - I did learn some things about you. Remember I have a river in my back yard. Nate and Tyler caught a few good-sized fish during the summer!

Richard and Lena Phillips said...

I'm glad you posted this, it's always interesting to learn little facts about people. And you're right, I'll let Richard know. :)

The Andersens said...

I was kind of confused-- thinking that this was about Brooke. As soon as the fishing stuff came along I realized it was Jake!

jenifer reece said...

That was fun to read! I wish I were a morning person...maybe someday!

Melissa said...

It was fun to learn some things about you! I used to be a morning person, now I enjoy nights when the kids are in bed and no stores are open so I don't feel like I have to go be productive:-) If you're ever in town Nate and Tyler are always looking for an excuse to go fishing!

Melissa said...

Brooke, where are your 6 things?

Montana Schalls said...

I like your 6 things. I do like to go out and eat - a break from making dinner, or lunch is always nice.