Thursday, December 20, 2007

WARNING!!!


When I went to plug in our Christmas lights this evening, half of the strand wasn't working. As I did some investigating I found out that our lights had melted together and into the carpet. The lights are around the window in the room that Maddie sleeps in. The strand was too big for the window, so I bundled the extra and set them on the floor. I guess I didn't think that that would be a fire hazard. Well, it is. Make sure you NEVER leave your Christmas lights unattended. I think we were lucky that a fire didn't break out.

5 comments:

Richard and Lena Phillips said...

yes you are very lucky. Glad you found out before there was any damage

Its me you silly said...

wow. Nice catch, you should try led's they don't get hot at all. Glad it turned out ok.

Tami said...

I have lights on my bannister and was leaving them on all the time.
I found that they were getting warm and have started unplugging them too.
That is pretty scarey, though.

The Andersens said...

wow- interesting. Weird how they all melted together. I had no idea that they would get so hot. Glad it wasn't any worse!

Melissa said...

HOW SCARY! I did the same things with the lights in my window...I'll be taking them down tomorrow...thanks!