Friday, August 15, 2008

Tie Dye!

We had a party yesterday. A Tie Dye party! I love tie dying. I haven't done it in probably 4 years. I told my friends to buy white and come over. We all bought cute little white dresses for our girls, but I am too afraid to dye mine. I want them to turn out perfect - so I guess the best way to make sure they turn out perfect is to not dye them at all - right? I am glad I didn't though. A few of the color schemes turned out different than I thought they would. Now I have a better idea of what I want. I guess I just needed a little practice first. I knew this would be a messy project, especially with kids, but the mess pretty much stayed on the tarp. I am thankful for that. I was afraid someone would walk through the dye then walk into the house. That would be a disaster! It turned out to be really fun. After the kids squirted the dye for a minute they got bored then ran off and played with the hose the rest of the time. Which was nice because it left us to do the real tie dying. Everybody's stuff turned out very cute and colorful. Now I just need to get the courage and dye those little white dresses.

A few of the items. Megan's tank top. A couple pillow cases (Sierra did the pink/orange swirl pillow case). Sierra's panties and a shirt I did. Cute eh?


Part of the crew doing some tie dying.

1 comment:

Lena Phillips said...

I love that you and your friends get together and do all of these fun crafts. I'm so jealous I'm not closer. I wish I could participate.

I love how they all turned out. Very cute! Be sure you take some pictures of everyone in their new outfits, I'd love to see them.