Saturday, January 24, 2009

House Update


Once again we took our weekend trip up to see the house. It was a super cold visit. It was about 4 degrees with wind. The girls and I didn't stay long. Jake had to do some work - but he said he wasn't cold - whatever! I have been excited all week to see it. I get more excited every day, and I think, how could I be any more excited - then tomorrow comes and I am even more excited than yesterday. I can't wait!
This week our electrical and plumbing were put in, along with a shingled roof. Jake and Jason (the guy he works with) put up the wood trim around the house and they also put up two of the four posts out front. They also put in our chimney - the wood burning stove will be delivered Monday! Insulation on Monday and Sheetrock on Wednesday - yay! Hopefully next weekend we will have a warm weekend visit.

Our tubs were put in this week.

Kitchen

3 comments:

Deb said...

I love that you are posting pictures of your house as it progresses - how fun!

Anonymous said...

The fact that I have been to "the green house" helps me envision how cute it will be!
We should have a party and ALL come when it is done. (or maybe int eh spring when the temp comes up for us whimps)
That thought aught to stress you out. :) J/K

Melissa said...

I'm so excited for you. Nate wants to know if you'll have a place for him to sleep when he comes fishing!