Monday, September 21, 2009

Heat is Overrated

Look what we ordered! A semi load of wood! This picture does not do it justice. It is a TON of wood. This is roughly around 15 cords - we are thinking that we will go through about 2-3 cords a winter (although I am thinking more like 2). So, this wood will last us a LONG time- which is the whole point. We will be nice and toasty warm for the next 6-7 years. :) Good thing Jake got himself a new-to-him chainsaw. Jake and the chainsaw have a lot of work ahead of them!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is awesome! How long is it going to take to chop and stack?

Justin and Jamie said...

Wow! Jake has got his work cut out for him!

I take it you guys don't have to mess with the red, yellow and green burn days? It seems like every winter, the days that when I want start a fire it's always a red air day- so i can't! I just may have to replace my wood burning fireplace for gas... so that I can use it!

Deb said...

WOW! We had a wood stove in Moscow and gathered, chopped and burned wood. I can only imagine what this pile looks like in real life. Jake and his new-to-him chain saw will get a work out! It will make your house so nice and toasty.

Justin and Jamie said...

PS. I was going to tell you that I love your new header... how'd you do that? Are you into digital scrapbooking?

Brandi Schall said...

That is A LOT of wood! Good luck Jake!

Tami said...

Ditto to everything everyone said!
Amazing.