Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Motorcycle: Part 2

I finally got the motorcycle running. It was actually pretty easy. Motorcycles are pretty straight forward when it comes working on them. I didn't find it as complicated as a car engine. I did most of the work myself but I did get a little help from my neighbor. I still don't have a kickstart, so i have to push start it to get it running. I cleaned out the old gas in the tank and the carburetor and replaced the battery, spark plug and air filter. It's still running a little rough and it dies on me after a few minutes of riding it around, but I think that's because it hasn't been ridden much in the past 20 years (it was last registered in 1987). It seems to be getting better though.

Anyways, it's a fun bike and I can't wait until I get it tuned up. I even took Brooke for a ride down the street the other night!

The bike when I started taking it apart.


Cruising around my yard!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Love the bike. You amaze me with the things you can do.

Melissa said...

AWESOME! I have to push start my car sometimes :-) oh the joys of older vehicles/bikes!

Anonymous said...

That bike looks familiar! You are fixing it because I crashed it! Im glad it is in good hands.

Anonymous said...

Im NOT anonymous Im Auntie....