Saturday, August 18, 2007

Real Hair

I now have real hair. It wasn't an easy decision for me to get rid of my dreadlocks, but it was time. I am sad to see them go, but it is exciting to have a change. It took a lot of man hours (days) and lots of labor of love (Big thanks to Lena, my Mom, Jamie, Tami and Nikki!!!) to comb these babies out. I am so glad that we were able to comb them instead of cut them off (Thanks to Tami for that one!). I am still not used to brushing my hair every morning. I have to make a conscious effort to remember to brush. But it sure makes washing my hair a lot easier.

Before combing.


After combing, before the cut.

4 comments:

Brandi Schall said...

I seriously think your hair is gorgeous! It looks so healthy. That is awesome that you didn't have to cut your hair. I was feeling for you about that decision!

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks realy good. I'm glad for you that they (& you)were able to hang in there for the long haul and get them all combed out.
It will be lots easier to get some length that way.

We are getting excited to come visit and see the girls. I can't belive my sister saw my grand daughter before me! :)

Melissa said...

You're hair looks beautiful, but I bet it's hard to take the time to do it!

Anonymous said...

Brooke, you could be bald a still be gorgeous! You are so beautiful, inside and out. Love you all