Sunday, January 20, 2008

Here We Go!

A snowdrift around our house

The Montana winter has officially began. Today was a very cold day. I don't think it got out of the single digits all day. We have had constant wind since yesterday, which results in really big snowdrifts and freezing (and I mean freezing) cold weather. I got to use my new grey/red scarf today while I went outside and shoveled the knee deep snowdrift that lies between my house and my car. It was about 1 degree when I was out shoveling - Brrr. Jake spent the day building a new computer desk and was outside in the nice weather cutting and sanding, cutting and sanding. He did come inside to nail it together though. He just started it today so it probably won't be done for a few weeks, but when he is finished, I will post a picture. It is going to look really nice.

Another snowdrift on our deck


This is my newest crochet project.


I made this scarf for my friend for her Birthday. She says she likes it - lets hope she really does.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The snow is very beautiful, but looks too cold. Enjoy it a little for me, alright?

I also told Brandi that you are going to kick both of our behinds in the crochet department if we don't get busy and work on our skills. You are learning so fast!They are both very pretty!

Brandi Schall said...

That sounds absolutely frigid! Brr. I got colder reading it!

I can't believe how stinking fast you crochet! Can I send you the blanket I've been working on for months and months--I'm not even 1/3 the way done! Granted I don't crochet every day--but still.

The scarves are super cute :)

Ted and Hilery said...

I wonder who has colder winters, Iowa or Montana? My guess is Montana but I know it is pretty miserable here too.
I really like your scarfs.

Jamie said...

Brr. Told cold for me. I hate trying to breathe when its so cold out-- makes my noise burn! brrr. Maybe I need to hire the best crochet artist I know to hand make me a scarf!!! heheh. The scarf's that you have made are awesome!! Keep it up! :)

Melissa said...

Great scarves! I've tried to crochet a scarf, but it ends up looking like a wave...I can never keep everything straight! I can't beleive how cold it is...drink lots of cocoa to keep warm!

Lena Phillips said...

Good work on the scarves Brooke! You're really doing a lot of crocheting. I wish you were closer so you could teach me and we could sit around while our kids played (when I get kids) and crochet all day. Wow! That sounds like so much FUN!!!