Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Weekend Projects


We're buying a new computer and we decided that we needed a new computer desk to go along with it. Our old computer desk is basically a piece of crap, so we went shopping for something new. We couldn't find anything! We checked everywhere and most of the desks were between $100-$150 and they didn't even look good. I figured that I could build a desk for at least as much as the stores were selling them for and I could also customize it to what we needed, so I took on the task. Well, it's finally built. It cost a little more than expected because I didn't know exactly what I was doing, but I did learn alot (it took a little longer than expected too). Now all we need to do is stain it and put the slide out keyboard shelf on. I'll post more pictures when the project is 100% done.



A new coat rack made out of hemlock

7 comments:

Deb said...

I am totally impressed, Jake. It is beautiful.

Lena Phillips said...

Nice work Jake! It looks prefessional! ...well I guess you are sort of a prefessional since you build for a living. Anyway, my point is that you did a fantastic job!

Anonymous said...

Outstanding job! You did a fine job. I was thinking,I need a...
(he he).

Jamie said...

You're quite the craftsman jake! Keep it up! :)

Anonymous said...

The desk look fantastic,Jake. You did a beautiful job.

Melissa said...

Jake, you have an awesome talent. The desk is GREAT! I'll have some projects for you in a few years when we live in a bigger place!

Mike and Kris said...

You both are so very talented! The desk looks AMAZING!!! And everything you guys crochet is beyond me! Way to go!!